Background: In 1993, the Alamo Federal Executive Board (AFEB) established “Leadership FEB” – a leadership program designed to identify and groom a cadre of federal leaders. Participants gain a deeper understanding of the promises and challenges facing our federal community.
Class members from numerous agencies gather together one day each month in a neutral setting to examine the nature and inner workings of San Antonio and its relationship with the federal community. In the process, participants learn from key decision-makers in both the public and private sectors. The leadership group visits San Antonio’s top corporations, city and county offices, non-profits, and federal organizations.
Leadership FEB seeks people who are dedicated to serving both their federal community and the community-at-large.
Qualification and Selection: Nominations are made by federal agency heads within the AFEB primary service area. Class size is limited to 45 participants representing the broadest cross-section of employees possible. There is no minimum grade/rank requirement; both military and civilian employees in current leadership roles (or are leadership-ready) are eligible.
The Leadership FEB Steering Committee will select class members based on a review of applications, or, if necessary, personal interviews will be conducted.
Tuition Fee: $250.00 per person (Leadership San Antonio program is $1500)
Contact AFEB, 210-565-1860, or email@example.com
Leadership FEB provides participants exposure to:
- How new and advanced technology is being leveraged for maximum benefits
- Innovative techniques developed to respond to numerous challenges in the federal sector as well as the community at large
- A valuable leadership network, providing a number of individuals from which to draw information and solutions
- The importance of Community Stewardship
Leadership FEB provides your employees knowledge and information on:
- A variety of business practices, providing the benefit from different perspectives
- Best practices from other Agencies that you may incorporate into your strategic vision and competency development
- Advances in technology to increase productivity and/or operational efficiencies
- A valuable network of leaders with a cumulative body of knowledge and expertise comprised from each individual’s perspective
Required Program Dates: (usually the second Wednesday of each month)
July 15 – Application OnlineREGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED August 14 – Application Deadline (Deadline Extended to August 16)
- September 10 – Class Selection and Notification
- October – Opening Retreat (pictures)
- November – Military Day (pictures)
- December – Human Services Day (pictures)
- January – Health Care Services Day (pictures)
- February – Corporate Partnership Day (replaces Education Services)
- March – Law Enforcement Day (pictures)
- April – Quality of Life Day (pictures)
- May – Class Project – Federal Recognition Awards
- Jun – Graduation (pictures)
Information pamphlet to share.