Focuses on interagency communication, shared resources and consistency on emergency response and readiness; workforce planning and health and safety issues.
Activities of this Council:
• Provide emergency preparedness training courses, ie COOP and host interagency exercises
• Focal point for emergency notifications and assesses local situations in cooperation with Federal, State, and Local officials to make operating status recommendations
• Dissemination of information received from OPM/DC regarding threat information at the national level
• Activation of notification system – USP3 a Public/Private partnership with the FBI
• Relay Defense Support to Civil Authorities and problem resolution assistance to agencies through resource sharing and memorandums of agreements
Below are some links which provide important information about preparing for and responding to emergency situations.
- Federal Emergency Management Agency
- Readiness Info for Individuals/Businesses
- Surviving Disaster: How Texans Prepare
- National Continuity Training Schedule
- San Antonio Office of Emergency Mgmt 2012 Training Calendar
Chair: Mr. Jared Gartman